JGC Open Mic XIV / 14 Call For Interest

JGC Open Mic XIV / 14 to be held on Saturday 4th March @ 1900 UTC

Blimey what a cracking start to the 2023 JGC Open Mic Season!!

We have just completed Open Mic XIII and it was an absolute belter. Wonderful performances all round and some wizardry MCing from our very own Mr Brain Larsen. Check out the link below.

So I guess we had better get the ball rolling and open the invitations up to our next event, JGC Open Mic XIV / 14 to be held on Saturday 4th March, depending on your time zone !!

Potential Performers please take your time to read the information below and ensure you meet the required criteria to join our merry band of troubadours!

This time we will be extending the Performer Application Window to three weeks, so you have until 1900 UTC Monday 13th February to sign up. Section will then be made based on the details below.

Those wishing to join the audience only, please advise in reply to this post and include your local time zone, so we can make sure you are informed of the correct start time. Audience requests are not restricted and will be accepted until a few hours before the show.

Please make sure you read the following information in respect of the event, for both potential performers and audience alike.

JGC Open Mic Dates For 2023

OM 14 4 Mar
OM 15 15 Apr
OM 16 27 May
OM 17 8 Jul
OM 18 19 Aug
OM 19 30 Sep
OM 20 11 Nov

The video for the latest Justin Guitar Community Open Mic can be seen here

open-mic-13-recording-after-show-chat

Come and join the fun and experience what it is like to play in front of a live audience, right in the room with you. Its the closest you will get to a real “out in the world” Open Mic !!!

Don’t forget these open mics are available to all members of the Community (who meet the criteria – see below) regardless of their playing level. You do not have to sing either, it is all about the guitar. We also welcome any non-english singing/speaking members who wish to sing in the own language. The door is open to all, so come on in!

Anyone interested in taking part, in either capacity, please read the new Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR UTC TIME ZONE AS REQUESTED

With the growing interest and greater visibility of the events, we have had to set some new criteria for running the shows, which will be self-explanatory on reading the guide. So please take the time to do so, before posting your request to attend. Performers, please ensure you meet the Performer Criteria before requesting a slot.

JGC Open Mic XIV / 14 will be held on Saturday 4th March 2023.
or Sunday 5th time zone dependant.

Invitations to performers will be open until 1900 UTC Monday 13th February .

At which point, the organizers will identify the appropriate start time based on time zones, as described in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide.

Please note there will be a maximum of 22 performers. So, if you have played at the recent Open Mics, please give consideration to those Community members who may be stepping up to the plate for the first time.

Performer applications will NOT be confirmed until after entries have been closed. This will still give Performers 3 weeks to prepare for the show. So please do not expect immediate confirmation.

Note : I will post a list of Performers on or around Monday 13th February

There are no limitations on the Audience numbers and I will confirm such requests, as they are made. An Audience List will also be published at the same time as the Performer List and will be updated, as further requests are received up and until the weekend of the show.

As usual updates will follow.

Please let me know if you are interested as either a performer or audience member and ensure you state your time zone in UTC.

(For reference - Time Zone Map) 11

For more information on how to access Zoom and set up your audio and video connection for the Open Mic events, please refer to this guide.

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

Here’s more background for those interested: The Community Open Mic Events category 1

Finally, as stated in the Justin Guitar Community Open Mic events – How They Work, Access & Eligibility 31 guide, a link to the Zoom meeting, will be sent to both Performers and Audience Member approximately one week before the event, by direct message.

Thank you for your support.

The JGC Open Mic Organisers
@Richard_close2u Richard is the JG Team interface with Justin. (Prior to DP becoming a Mod)
@Rossco01 Jason “inventor” organiser and MC - it was his baby !!!
@DavidP organiser and MC and now part of the JG Team interface
@adi_mrok Adrian provider of the Zoom facility, organiser and resident video editor.
@jkahn a recent new addition to the team and great MC given the hour he does it !!
@TheMadman_tobyjenner me organiser and xls nerd ! And happy to keep on doing so !

5 Likes

Thanks Toby.

I’m in!
UTC. Performing.

(Happy to go in the audience if you get oversubscribed)

1 Like

Sign me up Toby, performer, UTC +10. Also happy to go into the audience to make way for others.

If anyone is thinking about performing but not sure, if you think “one day when I’m ready”, especially if you’ve been in the audience - do it. As they say, there’s no time like the present.

3 Likes

Thanks Toby, and for the other night, it was a good one. Lara and myself would enjoy performing again. UTC=0
Thanks

1 Like

You’re now a well oiled machine, Toby … copy, paste, edit and let’s get cracking.

Sign me up, the usual … one song, happy to step aside, and willing to MC but holding thumbs somebody new puts their hand up (for the Community, by the Community)

2 Likes

Well I better off throw my gauntlets into the ring before it’s too late :smiley: 1 song, if needed kick me out to the audience :smiley: UTC

2 Likes

Hi Toby, I’m in for performing one song. UTC -5 (Toronto). I volunteer to clear one spot if needed.

1 Like

I’ll take an audience ticket please Toby :+1:

1 Like

I would like to perform please. I believe I’m still UTC-8 on that date. Portland, OR.

1 Like

@liaty
@jkahn
@malz
@davidp
@adi_mrok
@doblea
@jenndye429

All in the Performers pot peeps, please stay tuned.

@Durquhart Seat booked as normal David :+1:

@pkboo3 Pam after your comments about missing the OM XIII shout, thought I’d give you a heads up ! :wink:

Keep 'em coming folk !

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Jen and I would love to perform, unless it is our turn to step aside for new talent. :sunglasses: UTC-5

1 Like

Yes please Toby!

2 Likes

Audience please Toby. UTC+0.

Thanks!

1 Like

I would like to perform, please. [UTC-5]

1 Like

Thanks, Toby. On my calendar this time! Add me to the audience. Time zone -6

1 Like

@TheCluelessLuthier
@Rossco01
@DonnatheDead

Added to the list of potential Performers, will advise in due course :+1:

@grayal
@pkboo3

Seats are booked folks but plenty of time to buy popcorn !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby, happy to be included as a potential peformer, but I’ve done the last two, so obv more than happy to make way for someone else if required. Time zone is UTC + 0

cheers, Phil

1 Like

I am too much of a newbie to participete in this as a performer, Even though is deff one of my goals.
But I would love to join the audience.

Time zone UTC+1

thank you all for this amazing website

3 Likes

You are too much of a newbie to realise that the level of your playing ability is irrelevant to participation.
All participants are welcome and encouraged, especially ‘newbies’ :wink:

6 Likes

I have never played guitar in front of anybody expect my wife and daughter. I would be very afraid though
But i do want to face my fears so if newbies are allowed I am most def would like to give it a shot

5 Likes