Rogers rock on wheels

Sneaky! I totally missed this till now, Rogier! Hiding this gem so subtly in your learning log, not fair! :laughing:

What a super cool improv!! Like JK mentioned a slow start (appreciating of course that you were actually well through the improv though at that point :sweat:) but from that sweet little run at the 29sec mark, it just takes off!

The fast licks, appropriately placed bends and gritty sections all work great to my ears! :sunglasses: :+1:

Are you still practicing this? Other than maybe working on that beginning portion, the rest works great, would love to see it fleshed out into a fully fledged composition. Please please please?! :pray: :pleading_face: :wink:

Well done and thanks (mostly to your wife! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) for sharing! Really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Now, off to check out your NGD post! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Trond @tRONd
:joy:
And thank you very much and like your vibes man :grin: :sunglasses:
Greetings

Hi Jeff @nzmetal ,
Thank you thank you ,
Well, I sometimes have some trouble with correctly scaling what to post where and see myself just a little (cough) less well than I should , and no I haven’t played this anymore BUT actually also with the backing tracks I play a lot of licks because I don’t know that many yet, I often repeat myself with new backing tracks even in other music styles, I already see a lot of repetitions with what I tried in the beginning with the TRIO+
But I take your words into consideration and I think you have a good idea…

Silvia @SILVIA ,
You’ve caused a stir with your comment about my wrist, because I bend it way too often with solo :flushed:, as soon as my thumb slides over the neck a bit more or more often, I want to grab the neck in my palm like a baseball bat…As taught the E-shape with thumb over the neck … And that doesn’t look good .And with my new guitar where I suddenly (hopefully temporarily) have to use a lot more power, I have to work on this seriously …
Thanks thanks thank, but this is going to be a long road, a wrongly learned habit … is encouraged when I play further on high on the neck where my armrest is in the way, I think … that’s how it feels with my elbow otherwise always against it…work work work :sweat_smile:
Greetings

2 Likes

Don’t worry Rogier, I’ ll keep you company :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin:

Don’t be too hard on yourself for the bad habits, this is a journey of self-awareness…I could get crazy everyday at my own! Patience and will to improve, that’ ll be enough!

1 Like

No freaking way :flushed: :scream:

I saw a Jordan pass by and thought … well, I’ll take a look at ’ a Jorden’ but it probably won’t happen… would he finally after 3 years of nagging from me since I started saying that this really is the holy grail of learning the guitar and a life-changing experience for many and many !!!
:smiley:
So happy that someone in my live environment still listens to me.

Hi friend @JordenF :grin:

1 Like

You have real live friends? :open_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

Oooo sweet mother of J…
I should have handled this one more carefully :see_no_evil:

joy

Flashback
:see_no_evil:

1 Like

You do have an annoying knack of recalling exactly where I repeat myself… :roll_eyes:
I shall do like @JordenF and keep quiet now :wink:
(Oh, of course, Welcome Jorden! :grinning:)

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: Auw my back :laughing:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Greetings from Jorden

A post was merged into an existing topic: Greetings from Jorden

Above are pictures of this guitar in better times … I have lost track of time a bit, but at least within 10 months this guitar is going from… not in such a good condition, but perhaps it can still be renovated to … OOOOOOOoooooo NOOOOO hell shoot me… :scream:

Sorry guitar :grimacing:

It is a guitar that I could only find 2 results for a few years ago after a long search and it was not of much use to me… Èlite from an Italian accordion builder who must have built it in the 1950s… I will take it to the guitar doctor for an inspection one day… so so sorry guitar …you where my first
and even though I never looked at you properly the way I should or touched you in the way you used to, you looked beautiful in my old bedroom … you always sounded out of tune but sometimes words say less than a good look :roll_eyes:
:grin:

Greetings…

1 Like

03-02-2022
House of the rising sun,First ‘real rec’ I played

19-05-2022

Rollercoaster Danny Vera

14-10-2022
Angie ( The Rolling Stones)

26-07-2023
Yesterday -Beatles

02-08-2023
Greensleeves! chord melody

Edit: But now with the correct links I :upside_down_face: hope

It’s not even a half update , but it gives an idea of ​​the changes over the short period of time…

1 Like

29-09-20232

Acoustic Rock First time with You-tube backing track

29-10-2023
Happy sounding Improvisation

02-11-2023
Accoustasonic - 6th Thrick
and electric version
6th trick blues -electric

Christmas-2023
Silent Night

1 Like

Edit: But now with the correct links I :upside_down_face: hope

31-10-2023
This was my first lick ever!!!
Played on that red guitar above… luckily I still have the memories :smile:

24-10-2023
Rhythm lick

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: 4 years ago I asked a friend ‘Can you perhaps borrow a small guitar, because I don’t think I have that one disease anymore and I want to test it, it seems nice to me
and convinced everyone immediately’ … that guitar was not small, it turned out later, but that didn’t matter :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Hello Dear people of this beautiful guitar club :smiley:

This update may not make it much neater in this Learnig Log … but it is not a regression either :roll_eyes:… a kind of overview and easy for me to find, that’s how I see it … Oh yes I end with my very first recording almost or exactly 4 years ago…

they were some chords that I could remember from a long time ago and that the gout fingers could just bend to and the song was ‘Love Rescue Me’ by U2 ,which was turned on by the cat accidentally on the TV by walking over the remote control and a song without the C because that took months before my index finger could get it…

And So true at that moment that the love for and by my wife made me feel it has saved me … and the guitar has given the final push from this day of the video… :sunglasses: :man_bowing:

December 2019 First video :sunglasses:

Thank you for so much … :heart_on_fire:

Rogier

3 Likes

Hello Rogier,
it seems that the end of the year is a good motivator to bring some order to the annual progress on guitar. It makes me wonder, whether I should do something similar. But at the same moment, I already know, that I’m way too chaotic to really do it :see_no_evil:. But I really admire people like you, who manage to do this :smiling_face:.
And impressive progress, by the way :star_struck:.

1 Like

For the people who clicked on it earlier today and it didn’t work properly…SORRY…I hope it’s okay now if you ever read this again :blush:

Hi Nicole …

You made the joke of the year :blush:…but I think it’s super sweet that you said it…(that second thing :smile:)
What I had planned for this LL and how it turned out :upside_down_face: :blush: :upside_down_face:…anything but sleek or neat or even complete or in the right date order…or etc etc

Fortunately, I never had the intention that people should be able to learn anything from my LL … or it should be the case (I have sometimes referred to that) that it does not matter how chaotic / sloppy or whatever you are …it`s just for fun and …well . THIS is MY “DIARY” :joy: :rofl: :joy:

My last 3 posts are the best “summary/report” I’ve made :sweat_smile:(after posting wrong links)

Thank you …and back to chaos :smile: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

1 Like

Hello Rogier :smiley:

Thanks for the nice OMD - tune you’ve shared.

Or should I write GMD (Guitarist Manoevres in the Dark) :wink:

For me as a total beginner it is very motivating to see such talent, progress and improvement in the LLs, and it inspires me to continue my journey.
So thanks a lot for your support :hugs:

And I’m very sorry for your guitar in that picture you’ve posted earlier. :worried:
I have a red and black one too, and she is very dear to me.
Maybe yours can be renovated at a guitar hospital one day? :ambulance:
So sad to see her in this condition :disappointed_relieved:

Keep up the great work :guitar: and wishing you the very best for 2024 :fireworks: :tada:

Greetings
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

1 Like

How wonderful to see your collection of recordings brought together here. I find when building these lists, it’s a reminder of renewed forward momentum, the ups and downs and the challenges. But most of all, more progress.

Your guitar journey obviously brings much joy and solace, long may it continue. And I hope you get that Elite back to a playable condition. I still have my first and although its been well pimped, it will always be a keeper.

Keep rockin and rollin Rog !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Bravo Rogier :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Love the tiding up, when things are tidy you always know where you can find them! :innocent: I checked the 2022 recordings, and you already showed your skills there…I’m very happy to see you have shared a lot more in 2023 and I’m very grateful for that because I really enjoy your playing’s vibes! :blush:

1 Like

Hi Gunhild @Gunhild … Hi Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner … Hi Silvia @SILVIA
Thank you for your sweet words and it is more it means more to me than expected when people say that I am a motivation … I work a lot of hours (except for the last 4 months) and I don’t practice exactly as advised :roll_eyes:, but the visible/audible progress is due to the number of flying hours I make in a day, so progress must come “automatically a little after the first big jumps”, and I listened to it again yesterday and especially with Angie I was amazed at how differently I play it now … in my memory it was played much more smoothly back then … looking back at yourself is really a great motivation … as an extra addition on you here then :blush: :smiley:,

And that red guitar dents or any kind of damage whatsoever…I see the guitar as a thing, but if it is so badly damaged that it is very far from being playable and then also the first one, I just think it’s a shame about the waste and a little bit of sentiment attached to it… I will definitely have it checked to see if it can still be made playable at reasonable costs… the guitar is in any case lightweight, so worth investigating …go see the guitardoc. it will be kept… :sweat_smile:

And this is not a Toby or a James update (and many many more :smile: )
some of you guy`s and girls are …well really structured Silvia :blush:

but even this LL and the last things does make it a bit easier to look back on the whole thing for someone who manages to scroll this far or scrolls through 1 small topic at speed and cannot find the music because of all the words :roll_eyes:

Thank you thank you thank you :sunglasses:

3 Likes